TITLE: Bilingual (English/Spanish) Music Teacher conversant in Mam or Q’anjob’al
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
CLASSIFICATION: Three Quarter Time, Online
COMPENSATION: Salary and benefit package dependent upon experience. Position has room for growth.
START DATE: August 1, 2023 (or upon filling of position if later)
The Great Bend Center for Music is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that explores the many ways that music can be used as a community development tool. More at greatbendmusic.org.
We are seeking a three-quarter time music teacher fluent in Spanish and English with a strong background in early learning to join our teaching team. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing, and delivering engaging online music lessons using Great Bend’s research-based curriculum to students from pre-kindergarten through third grade. The position requires a passionate and dynamic teacher who can create a positive and nurturing learning environment for young children.
- Customize and implement Great Bend’s comprehensive online music curriculum for pre-kindergarten through third-grade students.
- Deliver interactive and engaging online music lessons that align with state and federal standards and promote student learning and development.
- Create a positive and inclusive learning environment that fosters the musical growth and well-being of young children.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, and colleagues to support student learning and success.
- Assess and monitor student progress and provide timely feedback to students and parents to support their continued growth.
- Collaborate with other teachers and staff to enhance the overall student experience and support the mission of the organization.
- Participate in ongoing professional development to enhance teaching skills and stay current with best practices in music education.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Music Education or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of successful music teaching experience with early learners.
- A demonstrated ability to create engaging and developmentally appropriate music lessons for young children.
- Experience with online music instruction and proficiency with virtual teaching tools and platforms including Zoom and the entire Google suite.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to teaching and learning.
- A passion for music education and a commitment to student success.
- Proficiency in Spanish is a strong plus.
- Conversant in either Mam or Q’anjob’al in addition to Spanish fluency.
- Commitment to equity and social justice
- Self-aware and socially conscious
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
As a social justice organization, GBCM is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Discrimination against race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information is both illegal and against our organization’s values.