About the Great Bend Chorale:
The Great Bend Chorale is an award-winning, un-auditioned choral ensemble open to all, age 14 and older, regardless of skill level or training. Led by Great Bend Center for Music’s founder, Matthew Melendez, the ensemble focuses primarily on choral-orchestral programs that are performed in collaboration with professional teaching artists.
This fall the National Endowment for the Arts is funding a revival of the Chorale’s 2019 commission, “Borders” for performances and a commercial recording. This award-winning piece celebrates the welcoming nature of our Olympic Peninsula community as an emblem of the American melting pot ideal.
Attendance & Rehearsals:
Fall term choristers will meet:
- Tuesdays at 6:30pm: Rehearsals are held in-person in the New Community Church of Union consecutive Tuesdays beginning September 12;
- For one choir retreat day, Saturday, October 14, 10AM-4PM;
- For orchestra rehearsal, Thursday, November 16, 6-9pm at St. Gabriel’s in Port Orchard;
- For opening performance, Friday, November 17 at St. Gabriel’s in Port Orchard;
- For second performance, Saturday, November 18 at St. John’s Episcopal Church in Olympia;
- For a matinee and live-stream performance, Sunday, November 19 at Bastyr University Chapel in Seattle;
- For at least one, and possibly two, recording sessions Monday, Nov 20 and Tuesday, Nov 21, also at Bastyr Chapel.