TITLE: Spanish/Mam/Q’anjob’al Preschool Music Paraeducator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
CLASSIFICATION: Part Time, Online
COMPENSATION: Salary and benefit package dependent upon experience. Position has room for growth.
START DATE: August 1, 2023 (or upon filling of position if later)
The Great Bend Center for Music is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that explores the many ways that music can be used as a community development tool. More at greatbendmusic.org.
The Spanish/Mam/Q’anjob’al Preschool Paraeducator will be a vital part of our leading-edge early learning program that uses music as a tool for building kindergarten readiness for preschoolers and their families. The successful candidate will be trilingual in English, Spanish and either Mam or Q’anjob’al, and will work closely with the lead teacher and other staff to create a safe and nurturing learning environment that supports the social, emotional, and cognitive development of our young learners.
- Assist the lead teacher in planning and implementing developmentally appropriate activities and lessons that incorporate music and movement.
- Support the lead teacher in creating a positive and inclusive classroom environment that supports the diverse needs of our young learners and their families.
- Provide individualized support to children with special needs or challenges, under the direction of the lead teacher.
- Help to manage the day-to-day operations of the classroom, including supervising children during transitions and free play time.
- Collaborate with the lead teacher and other staff to develop and implement family engagement activities that support children’s learning at home.
- Build positive relationships with families, and communicate regularly with them about their child’s progress and development.
- Maintain accurate records of children’s progress and development, and support the lead teacher in preparing progress reports and assessments.
- Attend professional development opportunities and participate in ongoing training and coaching to enhance your skills and knowledge.
- Trilingual in English, Spanish and either Mam or Q’anjob’al.
- Associate’s degree in early childhood education or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with young children in a preschool or early learning setting.
- Experience working with children with special needs or challenges preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of teachers and staff, and to build positive relationships with families.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with children, families, and colleagues.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Passion for music and its ability to support children’s learning and development.
- This is a three-quarter time position with a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are passionate about working with young children and have experience in an early learning setting, we encourage you to apply.
- Familiarity with the Google suite
- Commitment to equity and social justice
- Self-aware and socially conscious
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
As a social justice organization, GBCM is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Discrimination against race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information is both illegal and against our organization’s values.